So besides the Hong Kong trip I’ve been fortunate enough to win a bunch of other prizes so far this year, these include:
- 15th: 4 x tickets for the Airspace UK Glasgow trampoline park (RRP £52)
- 17th: £10 iTunes Voucher
- 21st: £20 cheque – won on local radio
- 28th: Pair of tickets to the BANFF Mountain Film Festival (RRP: £30)
- 28th: £25 Hilton Giftcard – this was great as I love going for afternoon tea but cannot justify going for it too often on a student budget!
January total: £135
Ola Skowyra, the designer of Junk Kouture Fashion Show Scottish Regional Final
- 5th: Pair of tickets to the Junk Kouture Student Fashion Show Scottish Final (RRP: £20). I was lucky enough to be given another pair of tickets to this from a fellow comper who’d won tickets but couldn’t go and so I went to this with a couple friends and we were all blown away by the show. You can read the full review and see all the pictures here.
- 8th: Lush Gift Set (RRP: £24)
- 9th: Pair of Tickets to the ‘How to Be Single Preview’ screening in London
- 9th: Dr Oetker Pizza – (RRP £3)
- 13th: Emporio Armani Perfume/Aftershave Bundle (RRP £140!) – this was a competition being run by ‘The Fragrance Shop’ they were given away a bundle every hour from 11-4pm at 5 of their major stores across the UK, including Glasgow, and the first person to arrive after the hour received the prize. I got to the Glasgow store at 12:50 (I was aiming to get the 13:00 bundle) and it turned out I was the first person there after 12!
- 15th: Gold tickets a show at the London Fashion Weekend (RRP £120) and £100 cash towards travel – I entered this for my stepsister who loves Fashion and is an aspiring model :
- 16th: A pair of tickets to the ‘Grief of the Others’ screening at Glasgow Film Festival (RRP: £20)
- 20th: A pair of tickets to ‘The People vs Fritz Bauer’ screening at the Glasgow Film Festival (RRP: £20)
- 26th: A pair of tickets to the Glasgow Film Festival Closing Gala (RRP: £30) February total: £477
Overall total for January and February: £612
I was really happy to win so many tickets to the Glasgow Film Festival as I study Film and TV at university and I’m an aspiring Film Director and I love going to Film Festivals!
However, I was especially pleased about winning tickets to the Closing Gala of the festival as I had been specifically trying to win tickets to either the Opening or Closing Gala as those are obviously the most prominent events of any film festival, and the after parties provide numerous opportunities in terms of networking. Unfortunately I was well and truly knackered, after arriving back from our trip to Inverness about an hour before the festival started, and therefore didn’t go to this particular after party.
So that’s what I won in February : ) I’ve won 7 prizes in March so far and a full post about what they were will be coming at the end of the month! Are you a comper? If so what have you won so far this year? If you haven’t won anything/ much what would you like to win? Let me know in the comments below!