- 2nd: £20 Amazon voucher – I won this from the NUS students Twitter page – you had to tell them what you were getting up to on #leapday. I chose to do a creative entry and send them pictures of what I was up to rather than just state what I’m doing. I sent in a picture of my revision setup for my upcoming French exam along with the following tweet: ‘I’m spending it studying for my French exam next week,I want to do a year abroad there next year #leapyear‘. This is partially true I really want to become fluent in French and I so I plan on spending a summer there sometime soon or at least a couple of months, however I want to do my year abroad in the US.
- 2nd : Pair of tickets to the Scottish Cycling, Running and Outdoor Pursuits (SCROPS) – I entered this for a friend who loves cycling. (£20) These were from a Facebook competition with @uniliteuk
- 3rd: Another pair of tickets to SCROPS (£20) These were from a twitter competition run by Pedal Forth Bike Repairs & Servicing – bike repair shop in Edinburgh.
- 8th : A pair of tickets to see Leona Lewis at the Glasgow Clyde auditorium – I actually gave these away to another comper because I felt that I needed to do more revision for my French exam which was on the 9th. (I’m not sure how much they were worth but I think it was about £70). These were from a twitter competition with @gigsandtours
- 9th: An all expenses paid holiday to Hong Kong and £1000 spending money from Capital FM!!! (£3500!) A holiday abroad was at the top of my wish list for this year, I was determined that I would win one, but this was more than I could have ever asked for, Hong Kong is at the top of my bucket list and I’m so excited to go next month!
- 16th: Pair of tickets to see Jena Friedman at Glasgow Comedy Festival (£20) These were from the Glasgow Comedy Festival twitter page (@glasgowcomedy) – they were giving away numerous tickets during the duration of the festival.
- 18th: £50 Deliveroo Credit – Deliveroo is an online food delivery company that allows you to get food from your favourite local restaurants delivered to your door, this will be perfect for days when I can’t be bothered to cook (typical lazy student I know haha). This was from a competition run by the Deliveroo Glasgow twitter page (@Deliveroo_Gla).
- 23rd: Another pair of tickers to the Glasgow Comedy Festival, this time to see ‘The Late Show’ – this show featured a variety of acts and was hilarious, however it was quite long and so we left part-way through it as we were going clubbing that evening. (£20) These were also from the Glasgow Comedy Festival twitter page.
- 24th: Steak Experience at Miller & Carter Glasgow (£50) – as you may have noticed from my previous blog posts I’m a massive foodie and so any meals out are always a pleasure to win. I’m also really excited about winning this particular meal out as well as the restaurant looks amazing and I’ve wanted to go for a while! This was from the People Make Glasgow (@PeopleMakeGLA) twitter account – they run great weekly competitions.
- 29th: Game of Thrones season 1-5 blu-ray boxset! (£75)
I won this from the HBO UK Facebook page, this was a Mother’s Day competition where you had to reply with your favourite HBO programme. The first one I could think of was Game of Thrones and there were two winners of a HBO ‘box set’ (It wasn’t specified what the box set was).
This competition was also great as it’s what known as a low-entry competition – there were only 3 entries and two winners and so each of us had a 66% chance of winning. I was also really happy to find that the ‘box set’ that they sent me was Game of Thrones season 1-5, as I actually just said it was my favourite and have never actually seen it haha (but we’ll keep that just between us, okay?). However, I have heard many good things about it and so I’m really excited to watch it. Also, as a Film & TV student I love receiving film or TV box sets as prizes.
- 5th: Spectre blu-ray (£15) – this was from the ‘Find any Film’ Facebook page.
- 6th: £50 voucher for Glasgow Global Village Market – this was from an online competition run by the ‘Glasgow Food and Drink’ website in association with ‘Marketplace Euro’
- 15th: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle headphones (£20) – I entered this for my 10-year old brother who is a big fan! – This was from a low-entry Facebook competition run by ‘Q-Park UK’, again there were lots of prizes.
- 25th: £10 voucher for Potbelly UK, a restaurant in Westfield that serves “Legendary Chicago sandwiches, extra-good soups and salads, hand-dipped shakes, freshly baked cookies” and have live music! This was from the @potbellyuk twitter page.
- 25th: 4 x large dominoes pizzas of our choice delivered to our door for myself and my flatmates (£68!).
This was another low-entry competition that was run by the ‘Pro Plus’ Facebook page, it was only open from 9-5 on Monday and you had to comment as to why you wanted pizza, there were only 24 entries, 4 of which were myself and my flatmates who I’d also gotten to enter and tag each of us. Our odds were also increased by the fact that the winner was going to be chosen at five rather than a simple random draw and so I knew that they were more likely to pick a group as opposed to a single entrant.
So that’s what I’ve won over the past couple of months! Are you a comper, have you had a successful couple of months and if so what have you won? If not, what’s at the top of your wishlist?
Make sure to follow my blog instragram in order to keep up-to-date with all of my comping-related endeavours!